Monday, February 25, 2013

Make a Difference Mondays


Here's the plan. On Mondays I will post about making a difference in our world. Could be a small act of kindness, a social-forward business or some other idea floating around in my head. The only criteria is that by participating in said idea, someone or something will benefit.

I woke up around 2:00AM thinking about this one.  So simple, yet effective.

Have you ever worked in some sort of service industry?  Somewhere that you deal with the public on a daily basis?  If you haven't, you should.  Just to gain some much needed perspective.  It's a tough job  no matter what you are doing if you are dealing with people.  In my life I have had desk jobs, but I have also worked as a barista, hostess, sales rep and a retail manager.  I've been yelled at and talked down to.  When I was in retail management one man actually refused to talk to me and wanted to talk to a man.  

Now on to my idea.  Why not celebrate those that work in these demanding jobs with a little note of kindness?  Carry around a few thank you cards that you can pick up at your neighborhood store.  Maybe order some small business cards that say "Thank you for making me smile today."  A small gesture can go a long way to make someone feel special and turn their day around.  I think my kids would really get on board with this one.  We may get some business cards made...it is so cheap to do online.

We are all in this together! Why not try to improve someone's day with a little kindness?

1 comment:

  1. Such a great idea! You could print them at home or order them from somewhere if you wanted to have a lot on hand. Also, I have participated in a "Pay it Forward" post series, where a blogger starts off offering to send someone something special for a link to a post where that blogger had done something nice for someone. A little different than the typical Pay it Forward notion, but it works for the bloggy world. I am actually going to start one here in March and do one about every quarter.
    ~ dawn

    ReplyDelete