Wednesday, March 6, 2013

The World We Live In

Working with kids all day and having two of my own, I am pretty scared about the state of the world we live in.  Just this past week in my hometown, a friend of mine's brother was shot to death in a senseless "road-rage" shooting and two girl scout troops were robbed while selling cookies at local establishments.  It's enough to make you want to move to some remote island and raise your kids away from all the crazies.

But instead of letting things like this get me down, I've resolved to be the change I want to see.  This is part of my vision, my goal for my future business. It will teach, inspire, and change things for the positive.  What this world needs now are people who care. People who won't give up on those around them...who know that for all the evil that roams, there is so much more good.  <<steps off soap box>>

Sorry, I digress.

As the ideas float around in my head as to what direction to take my business, one thing is clear....  My business will strive to improve the state of the world, one day at a time, one child at a time.

1 comment:

  1. Do you ever wonder about FB and blogs and Twitter and FourSquare (all my favorites)? Who invented these things? Why did they invent them? Was it to tell the world when they were taking a shower?

    I was talking with my mom last night, about these Social Media outlets and why they exist. Why are people so narcissistic that they need all of these different "tools"? I don't really need to know when you're in the shower...and I don't much care when you are at the grocery store, yet I want to check in and let you know (because I know YOU care when I'M doing). Does that make me narcissistic? Probably. I'll work on that...

    ReplyDelete